v Quick Quote – It’s quick, smart and easy to apply:
At a glance
Funerals can be expensive – often costing up to $15,000 or more and many people cannot easily find that kind of money when it is needed, often within days of a tragic event occurring. Prime Funeral and Final Expenses Cover (Prime Cover) is life insurance cover designed to protect your family from the financial burden that could be created by your funeral and other final expenses.
With this valuable protection, you are covered worldwide, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and your benefit payment can be used however needed – to pay for your funeral, settle other household bills that come in and even provide financial assistance for other family members wishing to visit during this difficult time. Plus with Prime Cover you have the option to add cover for Accidental Serious Injury, for your own financial protection and peace of mind.
With Prime Cover you can help ensure that your family is not left with the burden of having to pay for your funeral expenses, should the worst happen.
When is it payable?
With Prime Cover you can choose a benefit from $6,000 up to $15,000. In the event of your death your chosen benefit is payable to assist your beneficiary – be it your family or your estate – with your final costs.
During the first 12 months of cover, a benefit is only available for death as a result of an Accident. After 12 months of cover your benefit is paid for death by any cause. And because we understand how traumatic an unexpected Accidental Death can be for your family, in the event of your Accidental Death your chosen benefit will triple, up to $45,000.
You also have the option to apply for up to $250,000 cover for Accidental Serious Injury (ASI) which provides financial protection in the event you suffer a serious accidental injury such as a Major Head Trauma, Serious Burns or Paraplegia.
Prime Cover is available to all Australian residents aged 18-75 years and can continue for life (as long as premiums remain paid when due). Optional ASI cover can be taken out to age 69 with cover continuing through to age 75. If you keep your Policy through to age 90, cover is free following your Policy Anniversary that year and no further premiums are payable.
10 reasons why you should consider Prime Funeral and Final Expenses Cover:
- From $6,000 up to $15,000 life insurance cover to help protect your family from the financial burden of having to pay for your funeral or other final expenses.
- Your benefit triples, up to $45,000, in the event of your Accidental Death.
- Option to apply for up to $250,000 Accidental Serious Injury cover to safeguard your lifestyle in the event that an Accident leaves you seriously injured.
- Guaranteed acceptance for all Australian Residents aged 18-75 years with absolutely no medical or blood tests.
- Cover is completely free after age 90, with no further premiums payable, and continues for life.
- Worldwide cover, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you are always protected.
- Automatic cost of living increases – up to 5% p.a. automatic benefit increase to help your cover retain its future value (age limits apply).
- Easy to obtain cover is available online in just a few simple steps.
- Enjoy flexible payment options- pay your premiums monthly or annually with no additional fees or charges.
- Keep your Funeral and Final Expenses cover for life regardless of any changes to your health, occupation or pastimes.
Summary of Cover
|Product feature||Funeral and Final Expenses||Accidental Serious Injury
|Minimum age at entry||18 yrs||18 yrs|
|Maximum age at entry||75 yrs||69 yrs|
|Benefit expiry date||Policy cancellation||Policy Anniversary following your 75th birthday|
|Minimum sum insured||$6,000||$50,000|
|Maximum sum insured at Policy Commencement|
(automatic unless you opt to decline the increase)
|5% p.a. each Policy Anniversary up to age 80||5% p.a. each Policy Anniversary up to age 75|
|Built in benefits||Triple benefit for Accidental Death.|
Cover is free from your Policy Anniversary after age 90